Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I live in California but I have a house in New Zealand that

Customer Question

Hello again. I live in California but I have a house in New Zealand that has been sold. However the buyer will not be able to obtain title to the house until I sign a notary public's statement. There are boxes I have to check and so forth. There is a place for the notary to stamp and sign. All of that is fine. But the notary must give details about herself or himself: occupation, address, and phone or email.
I am concerned that a U.S. notary will be reluctant to give those details. But the solicitor in New Zealand is a adamant that those details about the notary are required by New Zealand law.
Please advise.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
That is required under the Oaths and Declarations Act, but I don't see why a notary will not include those details. After all, a notary is a public official of sorts and most advertise their address any way. Have you asked any to witness?