How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14690
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How close to a right of way that runs across our property in

Customer Question

Hi there, How close to a right of way that runs across our property in Queenstown could I construct a building please? I am looking at building a guest house. Thanks and regards. Jim Barlow.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

This will be specified in the council building code and in the District Plan. It can vary widely whereever you are in the twon and whether this is dense residential or rural. But ringing the council would be the fastest way to get this. Because i am unfamiliar with your existing building envelope and section size and the proposed ROW, it would be difficult to say what the distance should be, but the planning department would be able to do so,

Related New Zealand Law Questions