How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14711
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Electoral law. How can I prove to the Returning Officer that

Customer Question

Electoral law. How can I prove to the Returning Officer that I did not get my school election voting papers?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest perhaps drafting a statement which you can prepare as a statutory declaration. You could outline that you were expecting the papers at a particular time, and that you check your mail regularly, but that nothing arrived. After that, and you have put this on statutory declaration form, then send this to the returning officer.

There is no particular form required for a statutory declaration, except that it will start off with a statement like

"I, (insert name occupation and address) solemnly and sincerely ***** *****:-

(insert statement)


Declared at (location) this (insert date) before me:-

Solicitor/Justice of the peace/Court Registrar

Related New Zealand Law Questions