How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22807
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There, Can I cancel my partner's visa as we are separated

Customer Question

hello there,
Can I cancel my partner's visa as we are separated now
I am a NZ citizen and I supported her partners visa application,but after being approved
our relationship did not last long.
Can you please help.
Thank you in advance
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Once she has residency, then that status stays unless there were terms about how long she needed to stay first. If there was a period of time in which your support was still a condition, then you certainly can ask immigration to cancel her visa because you no longer want to support her residency. Once that time has passed, then she is eligible to stay in her own right without your support

Related New Zealand Law Questions