How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22892
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does an employer have to provide a pay slip. I have been on

Customer Question

Does an employer have to provide a pay slip. I have been on sick leave and working in between from home as approved by the employer. I then took 2 weeks off and requested that it come form the holiday pay i was owed.
I was paid $138.96 in the bank with no pay slip (should be $694)last pay day and have not been paid this week. I have now returned to work. My employer will not discuss this with me or answer my emails, he keeps telling me we will discuss it at a later date or time.
Your advice please.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Your employer cannot deduct money from your wages without your consent under the Wages Protection Act, and he must provide proper records of the wages, and any sick and holiday pay taken. Under section 130 of the Employment Relations Act he is obliged to provide details"Every employer must, upon request by an employee or by a person authorised under section 236 to represent an employee, provide that employee or person immediately with access to or a copy of or an extract from any part or all of the wages and time record relating to the employment of the employee by the employer at any time in the preceding 6 years at which the employer was obliged to keep such a record."This means he must show the details of the pay.You can tell him that he must sort this out or the next step is to get a Labour Inspector to check his records and that you will claim the arrears and a personal grievance for the wrongful deduction.

Related New Zealand Law Questions