How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 23052
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I find out if I have been divorced

Customer Question

How can I find out if I have been divorced
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
You can ask at the Registrar of Births Deaths and Marriages and the site is hereBirths, Deaths and MarriagesEmail:***@******.***. If emailing about an order you have placed you must provide:Your nameDelivery addressDetails of the product you ordered including full name and date of event. For example, Birth Certificate for ***** ***** DOB 1/2/2012.Freephone: 0800 22 52 52 (New Zealand only)Phone: (+64 4)(###) ###-####(from outside New Zealand)Fax: (+64 4)(###) ###-####(for certificate and printout orders)Fax: (+64 4)(###) ###-####(for general enquiries)
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
You could also ask at the Family Court where your ex lives-if that was Whangarei, then the court there. The contact details are here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I knew that, I thought you could apply and find out for me!
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
The information is not publicly searchable so you have to do this yourself-if it was able to be searched I would do so, but family court files are kept confidential and can only be searched by the parties