How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14713
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know , if there is a high level of domestic

Customer Question

I would like to know , if there is a high level of domestic violence from the father who resides in Bulgaria and as New Zealand citizens my son and I manage to come back to New Zealand, where we are safe, even if the family court makes a judgement for my son to be returned to Bulgaria, is there anything else (any other institutions who protect abused NZ citizens) who can prevent us going back to Bulgaria. I know that there is the option of appeal but i doubt i will win it based on the long time e spent in Bulgaria trapped and not able to leave as i needed consent from my son's father. I refuse to go back and put my son in danger..Is there anything else or anyone else who can help us remain in New Zealand?
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Is this a problem where the Hague Convention is being used to return the child to Bulgaria?

Related New Zealand Law Questions