How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 23068
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I do to stop a and abusive woman who threatens me,

Customer Question

What do I do to stop a drunken and abusive woman who threatens me, has taken property,(some of which I was forced to give up) including a 4wd vehicle, has a protection order from when she slept with another man and now is trying to put me out of my home and in jail so she can get the lot
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
You can get a protection order against her, and also start a court application to divide relationship property, so that there is a clear division supported by a court. Once you have a court application under way the household items cannot be disposed of which should protect the situation until the judge rules on the division