How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14948
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is tevita kulitabu filimoehala I live in Auckland nz

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** filimoehala I live in Auckland nz for 26 years and I haven't had a resitancy only a visa expire on 2007 but now over stay .what can I do I already apply for resitancy last year they told me to go back to my country tonga I have a girlfriend we have for young kids .please can u help me to solver this proplem
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

What the lawyer has asked is what Immigration say you must provide. You do need the police record and birth certificate as they are some of the papers which Immigration ask for for. I think your Tongan lawyer is asking the right questions and you should talk to him about what is needed. there are also appeal process and you shou should ask about that as well