New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

New Zealand Law

We were buying a business and told our lawyer that we were

Customer Question
paying $58,000 for the business...
We were buying a business and told our lawyer that we were paying $58,000 for the business including stock he draw up a agreement which he sent to the vendors lawyers who rewrote a new agreement which we never new at the time.
we were ask to go into our lawyers sign a loan agreement and guarantees for $58,000 then the next day they told us the cost for the business was $60,000 and we had to go in and resign all the agreement and guarantees for $60,000 we have no idea why this happen and they tell us that we signed the papers and its all our fault
we now have a bill for $2500 from the lawyers and we paid $2000 extra for the business
Where do we stand
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: New Zealand Law
3/24/2016
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Chris The Lawyer
If you agreed to pay $58,000 and were then asked to sign a change to $60,000 did you protest and ask why the price had gone up? If so, what was the answer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we did but they said it was because the agreement was writing up that intangible assets were $20,000 plus $35,0000 for Stock with 6% adjustment in it were would pay $58,000 but the vendors lawyer unknown to us rewrote a new agreement and put the intangible at $23,000 but that meant nothing to us as we thought we were paying $58,000 all up.
you protested, but signed anyway? Did you think about refusing to sign for the increase? This would be considered a counter offer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to come back to you can I phone you a later

phone number is(###) ###-####/p>

Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer