How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 23057
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My siblings applied to have their minor children added as

Customer Question

My siblings applied to have their minor children added as beneficiaries to our Mothers will, though they were not included or named in the will. They had legal representation of which I have been advised will come out of the estate before distribution of funds. What grounds do I have to be excluded from this payment cost?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can oppose any claim by the children, and you can oppose any payment of costs from the estate. If this has been filed in court you can file opposition papers to say you do not agree with the costs being paid out of the estate, and that you don't want your share affected. It's not automatic that this will happen, although it is common to ask for costs to be paid when a claim is made against the estate.