New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I recently asked a question about disclosure of affidavit…

Customer Question
I recently asked a question...
I recently asked a question about disclosure of affidavit material from the court of Judge Moss and a complaint I got a reply from Chris the lawyer, Family Law, Lower Hutt.If possible, I would like to ask him follow-up questions. I followed his advice and notified the court of the situation. I have just received an email saying the Admin Judge, Her Honour Judge O'Dwyer has ordered a Judicial Conference on the matter, set for Feb 17. Who will attend? Will I need to go? Will my client need to go? What happens at a Judicial Conference?Ashleigh, Psychologist
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
3/5/2016
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Chris The Lawyer

A judicial conference is to decide the next steps in the case and is not a hearing on the merits. It is to decide what needs to be done to progress the case rather than consider any applications. You may want to consider attending, or at the least being available, but I suggest you contact the lawyers and ask if they need you present, before you attend.