Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I had a p replacement done (privately) in 2005 which caused

Customer Question

I had a hip replacement done (privately) in 2005 which caused me an extreme amount of pain, massive swelling and dreadful pain on the inside of my knee with no explanation for the cause.
Not long after, the surgeon phoned me to say he was retiring from doing any more surgery so it's not surprising he failed to advise me when there was a recall on the ABGII hip prosthetic I received.
In the years since, I have had a right hip replacement with no problems and a left knee replacement - which did not resolve the pain in my left leg - and, in November 2014, a major spinal operation which was supposed to be the answer - to no avail.
My life has been one of debilitating pain in my left leg for years and ever decreasing mobility with no correct diagnosis.
Being a patient in the public health sector, I have no-one to turn to for reliable advice but I believe my pain, declining mobility and partial loss of feeling in my left foot are most likely a result of the ABGII implant.
Therefore, it seems I need a lawyer who is experienced in this type of case and preferably handy to Matamata, having moved from Auckland last year.
As my own recent search for answers has revealed the probable cause, I need to know where to go from here.
I know there are many lawyers in the US who are representing patients against Stryker but I think I need to start with a NZ lawyer with experience in dealing with this type of case and knows what evidence I need to provide (ie ? metal poisoning tests) and how I should proceed. I should be most grateful if you would refer me to the right person, please.
Yours sincerely,
Jenny Price.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

The first step for all medical misadventure cases is ACC. If they have not helped you then I can suggest some lawyers, as this would need someone who can go beyond ACC. Sonya Cooper in Wellington has substantial experience in this type of case. Would you like her contact details?