How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 23052
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a drink driving conviction in March 2014. I am at

Customer Question

I received a drink driving conviction in March 2014. I am at a very senior level in my organisation and considering a career change due to internal restructuring. The conviction will seriously affect my ability to obtain employment at a similar level elsewhere. Can this conviction be sealed through any means other than the Clean Slate Bill?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: only when charged ... he just wanted to wrap up the case as quickly as possible
JA: Please tell me your email address, in case we get disconnected.
JA: Thanks. Are you ready to speak with the Lawyer now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

The Criminal Records Clean Slate Act only applies to convictions after 7 years, and there is no other way of concealing the conviction. At the time you could have applied for a discharge without conviction, but it is too late now I am sorry to advise