New Zealand Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified solicitor who will answer your question

Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer

More related answers
All solicitors are VERIFIED
I lent a friend $NZ30000 9 years ago (signed with a
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
I lent a friend $NZ30000 9 years ago (signed with a handshake) and while they have repaid most of it, there are a few thousand (7) still to be repaid. She is ignoring my emails etc and now I dont know… read more
I'm having trouble. Umm can you listen to my story and help?
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
It involves people from Africa? And this women threatens me that I'll go to jail… read more
My name john Iv paid for a kid that was not mine for 16ys
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Hi my name john Iv paid for a kid that was not mine for 16ys and they will not give me what Iv paid to this and Iv been bankrupt so Iv paid a bill over 5time they keep on giving me the run around and … read more
My mother died recently without a will. Her estate is less
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
my mother died recently without a will. Her estate is less than 15ooo. I had a joint account with her so I could pay her bills whilst she was alive. I transferred her last small pension payment into m… read more
I am a sole trader contracted by a recruitment company to
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
I am a sole trader contracted by a recruitment company to work for their client. The contract was for 3 weeks which started back in October 2015 and I'm still with the same client. The contract stated… read more
Has billed me final hours - which I'm happy to pay to
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Hi So Deborah has billed me for the final hours - which I'm happy to pay to get rid of the situation - but she wishes to ask for more later - can you advise ? Leanne - some emails attached to help ...… read more
I have another question the Lawyer please - so ongoing with
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
HI I have another question for Chris the Lawyer please - so ongoing with the mother and daughter ex-freelancers you have the details so far - they both state they intend to continue legal action - but… read more
Attached are the on going threats to sue me. I Paid Natasha
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
HI Attached are the on going threats to sue me . I Paid Natasha ( Tashs) Final invoice for $450 already. Deborahs average weekly bill is normally $2350.00 NZD - so I was still waiting for a realistic … read more
I'm an author and my flat mate persuaded me to employ her
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
HI So I'm an author and my flat mate persuaded me to employ her approx last March on a freelance basis to help publish some books and set up a website - supervising a website building company - She ch… read more
Chris, I made an agreement with my ex-wife to pay half my
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Hi Chris, I made an agreement with my ex-wife to pay half my children's education costs once presented with an invoice. But she harrasses me for money without providing me with an invoice and her lawy… read more
Buyrite Spares Division and Marks Appliance Repairs.Here
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Buyrite Spares Division and Marks Appliance Repairs. Here is an account of events with two companies that I am in dispute with and would appreciate some advice. I owned a Polo dishwasher that was part… read more
overpay wages & employer want money without notice
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Hi, My employer over pay wages from last two months by payroll mistake.my company is not going good so i resided give notice to my employer for one month for resignation. today finished second week & … read more
My ex-husband and I are NZ citizens who resided in Australia
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
My ex-husband and I are NZ citizens (naturalised while working there in the 1990s) who had resided in Australia for 2 years (due to my employment) before we were separated as the result of a police in… read more
hi there, we are a small company, we hired a carpenter for
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
hi there, we are a small company, we hired a carpenter for tradestaff christchurch, we decided to close up shop on 3rd august 2012, and got on the boat heading to auckland on the 4/08/2012 we paid up … read more
Hi, I have a question and would appreciate if you could
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Hi, I have a question and would appreciate if you could please advice or guide me what should I do. I am an Indian citizen resident of New Zealand since 2008. I am the youngest of four brothers in Ind… read more
Hi Chris, The mother of my twins I feel is disrespectfull,
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Hi Chris, The mother of my twins I feel is disrespectfull, inconsiderate and unappreciative of my generosity. With the resent events I know longer wish to be generous and have worked out that I have o… read more
Hello, I am being pushed by the plumbing company to pay for
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Hello, I am being pushed by the plumbing company to pay for their service but the money they ask for exceeds the amount verbally quoted to me by approx.50%. A brief history: In March 2010, the plumbin… read more
Sir, I am an Indian national married to a Maldivian girl
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Sir, I am an Indian national married to a Maldivian girl in 1993. My wife had some sort of correspondence with a kiwi and she went to NZ in the last week of April 2002 and married to that kiwi in the … read more