How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22884
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a few employment issues I am stuck with.
, I

Customer Question

Customer: My name is***** have a few employment issues I am stuck with.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been working for a Company for 2 years and they have new owners a year ago. Nothing has changed at all. However just before Christmas we had to move onto their computer platform. I have received no training on the system (apart from receiving a manual) and they haven't given me all the access to the systems to enable me to continue doing my work. and half of my job has been taken over by the Australian Company who now own us (we are an on line Company) On top of this, we have now been told we are moving from the North Shore into the City with one week's notice.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

A good employer should consult with workers whenever there is any restructuring. The change in the use of the new platform is something which can be expected but they cannot criticise you for taking time to understand the new system. But the other changes which are the reduction in your work and the change of workplace are matters where you can raise a personal grievance and complain. You should ask for a formal meeting to discuss these issues, and if they refuse to meet, you can then send a formal letter of complaint. After that you can then contact a mediator from the Dept of Labour mediation service and see if this can be resolved

Related New Zealand Law Questions