New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I am from India I have just got divorce order from Nz court…

Customer Question
Hello I am from...

Hello I am from India I have just got divorce order from Nz court since my husband is having PR over NZ , we have applied there,and got the order But they have sent a mail with an attachment of order, Is it possible to get a notarized copy with proper stamp and I want it to my home address in India

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Actually we got married her in india at 2010. then my husband left for NZ and within 2 years he got PR of NZ, We decided to part away for some issue and we applied there in NZ court via a lawyer 17th jan the court gave the marriage dissolution order and they sent it through mail to our lawyer i use to stay in India where a mail / scan copy wont be accepted by any court, In future if I remaary to someone I will be required a true copy of dissolution order So ,is it possible to get a copy notarized by any person of NZ and can i get it as a hard copy not through e-mail

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
I have paid the fees, can you please reply and give me a way so that i can get a notarized copy from NZ as a hard copy form.
1/25/2016
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Chris The Lawyer

You should ask the lawyer to send a sealed copy of the order of dissolution. If the lawyer does not have a sealed copy you can get on from the Family Court where you made the application. In New Zealand the sealed order is sufficient for getting remarried, but you could arrange for a notary to certify a copy, although that would be at a cost.Do you still have the details of your lawyer that you used in New Zealand? That would be the most efficient. The record is not available except to the parties as family court files are confidential and not in the public record.