New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

My name is ***** ***** and my husband is on acute stress…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** and my husband paul is on acute stress leave because his employers are expecting more than he is getting paid for. he has five children and now even more stressed out because none of his employees have contacted him in the last two weeks and i dont know what to do. he is a foreman with a woman 2ic and a student worker and another team has a foreman and three workers under him yet that guy cant finish his job on time paul has to come in and fix it, what do i do? his jopb hasnt contacted him since he left and are asking other workers about him, what do i do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I'm writing in a complaint against the mangers from calcon aka Higgins Doug and Karen for there unprofessional work ethics and lack of monitoring there workers when on stress leave. My husband ***** ***** is a foreman for formation who has been working for the company almost ten years, very loyal this man is which has a 2ic under him and a student worker who also does not have licences to jump on these machines.13.01.16 5.45 am tried ringing no mark Dougherty then text him to say i was off work but no reply. Text Douglas saying i was sick, got a (copy) went to doctors at 3 pm got put off with acute stress (13-25) Rang Doug and mark left voice messages saying get in touch with me asap - no replyGot hold of Karen Treloar said that i was off with acute stress 13-25 she said that is a long time and that we would have a meeting.14.01.16Got missed call from Karen called her back but she said she didn't mean to ring me, but would set up a meeting next week. 18.01.16Victor Martain called to say Doug was trying to get information out of him about what paul is up to considering he didnt know what doug was on about and the fact doug hasnt asked or called paul to ask how things are.There has been no offer of support nor any contact from Pauls employee to see if he is okay which he is not because he has never been so stressed out since being dumped with every ones load. The expectation that they have put on him needs to be reviewed because we have three formation teams and if you compare the work between everyone you will notice who is doing the work and who is not. The pressure he has been under to finish a job in three days because the last formation team stuffed around for six weeks. Paul is a foreman for formation but seems to be doing curb lines or pegs, that is not in his contract.

Lawyer's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to New Zealand Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
you know my husband has been working for calcon for almost ten years and is very loyal and the fact he gets sick for the first time and ends up being worst off cause his empolyees dont care, what do we do?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
how would i do a phone call
1/21/2016
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi, this appears to be a problem with his management, not looking after your husband where he is under stress. Stress can be a work and safety issue, which means where he cannot cope, then his employer needs to take steps to help him. The first step would be to have a meeting with them and explain why he has had to take the stress leave and have a discussion about how this will be resolved. Is there any such meeting planned? Have they talked to him about the stress?

noone has contacted him at all. Paul has been trying to keep in contact but it almost looks like they dont care. i will go in today and sort it out for the meeting but where do we stand, am i suppose to chase them down or is the company suppose to?

The company does have responsibility to ensure the workplace is safe. So they should take steps to meet with you to discuss this, and plan how to resolve this.