How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22898
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ex husband is remarrying in Feb 2016 and I would like a copy

Customer Question

Ex husband is remarrying in Feb 2016 and I would like a copy of divorce papers if he has filed for divorce. My name is***** ex partner is Graham Raymond Tai aka Tait.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

He should have served you with a copy of the application, unless you signed a joint application. It is a requirement of the Family Court Rules that you be served with the application. If you know where he lives now you could check with the Family Court closest to where he lives and check the file to see what it says about service of the documents. If he claims to have served you, but you never received a copy then it could raise a question as to validity of the dissolution

Related New Zealand Law Questions