How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22891
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Drink driving charge
, sure i blew 624
, yes

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** drink driving charge
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure i blew 624
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to New Zealand Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

If you want to admit the charge, and most do, you will need to plead guilty when you go to court. You don't really need a lawyer if this is your first offence, and you can tell the judge anything you need to explain why you drove. The fine is usually around $500 to $1000 depending on how much you can pay, and you also lose your licence for at least 6 months. As a first offender it is likely to be the minimum. If this loss of licence causes serious hardship you can, after a month after the sentence, apply for a work licence. You would need a lawyer for that however

Related New Zealand Law Questions