How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22813
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my wife has left me reason other than she says she

Customer Question

If my wife has left me for no reason other than she says she doesn't love me anymore is she entitled to half of my superannuation? Is he has cheated on me is that different?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Divorce and the resulting division of property is dealt with on a no fault basis, so what one partner has done, such as having an affair, does not affect the standard equal share of all assets, which does include any KiwiSaver and private superannuation. So if your superannuation is a private scheme, she can claim a half share.

Related New Zealand Law Questions