Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I am a scout leader,, i had sex with a female scout who was

Customer Question

Hi I am a scout leader,, i had sex with a female scout who was 15. a few months off her 16th. and also a 2nd female scout who is 17. i have photos on my phone and laptop they sent me. police are looking into it now. what should i do next? police not charged me with anything yet, they will talk to me again in the new year. could i be facing a jail term?
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

With the girl who is 15 you may well be facing a jail term. She would need to make a complaint with the police first although from your description, this may have have happened. If they have evidence of the photos, then you have some serious issues ahead of you. Your age is important, as if you are many years older that will be an aggravating factor. The next step will be the police interview and you will likely need to see a lawyer before you do so, and consider your response.