How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22812
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a house with my partner and we moved in last

Customer Question

Hi there,
I bought a house with my partner and we moved in last November so 1 year ago. I put in a larger sum than her. We are now splitting up. Is she entitled to half of the total or her amount plus/minus half of any profit.
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

If you have not been together for three years, then on a division the calculation is based on contribution. So you would get your share back and any surplus/deficit on the same proportions

Related New Zealand Law Questions