How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14867
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am an Executor of my Fathers Estate and the sole

Customer Question

If I am an Executor of my Fathers Estate and the sole Beneficiary am I able to borrow money to pay the Home Loan and any other debt my father left without the property bring transferred into my name solely
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can do that although the mortgage will be in joint names if that is your intention. You can transfer the title to yourself as beneficiary then transfer to the new owners, you and the other person, then register the mortgage. Your lawyer will be able to arrange all of this