How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22890
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is based around a telecommunications company who

Customer Question

My question is based around a telecommunications company who has made promises and not delivered. I work from home and because of them not being able to connect my phone line and internet in the promised timeline, or they have connected it and it hasn't been what i've specifically asked for i have lost earnings of around $3000.
can i take them to small claims court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can make a claim to the Disputes Tribunal although you also have an alternative of going to the TDR which is the Telecommunications Dispute Resolution service and you can find them here You will need to check to see if your telecommunications company is a member of the scheme, but if they are then you can use this service. Your claim is about contract, and whether the company has performed the terms of the contract and their promises. The Consumer Guarantees Act does not apply to business users, but nonetheless if someone makes promises about a contract, and does not perform, then you can claim for any damages which are caused by the breaches of contract.

Related New Zealand Law Questions