How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 23054
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been victim of domestic violence but did not get any

Customer Question

I have been victim of domestic violence but did not get any injuries hence no medical report. My husband was arrested and removed from property on September 18. Part of his bail condition is he cannot come to this property and non association with me. The family home was under extension/renovation and is insecure. I have already had burglary attempt reported to Police.
Is there any way to get Courts/ Police to get his bail condition amended for him to come home? He has already been to Court with his Lawyer and pleaded not guilty. Next court date is Dec 23
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also as my husband works from Home Office, this removal of him from the Property is having a major financial impact on us as well. I am really stuck is as I feel insecure on this property and he is not willing to plead guilty to amend bail conditions.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

It is possible to get bail varied, but as you have been advised, it is likely the police will oppose while he pleads not guilty. He could try, but it is unlikely the judge would permit this, while the case is still waiting a date for the trial. His lawyer would need to try, if this is important. Normally in violence cases, mediation is not an option, but if there was no injury, then this could be an option to try to sort this, and try to get your husband to change his stance, for the greater good of your family. Otherwise you just have to wait until the trial.