How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22814
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

CGA Question: We purchased a new refrigerator in November

Customer Question

CGA Question:
We purchased a new refrigerator in November 2012 and, unfortunately, it has stopped working. We did not purchase an extended warranty.
Have we a remedy under the CGA? If so who do we approach - the retailer or manufacturer?
James March.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

You will stil have a warranty under the Consumer Guarantees Act, and should first ask the seller, and then if they are no longer trading, you can then approach the manufacturer. The act provides that both can be asked to repair or replace. Fridges should generally last about 10 years so this may help, as three years is too short a lifespan

Related New Zealand Law Questions