How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22981
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a completed Auckland District law society inc - REF

Customer Question

Hi I have a completed Auckland District law society inc - REF 4992WFP form signed and witnessed in march 2010 making myself enduring POA for my father. I am trying to get the ASB to recognise it. Their procedures don't seem to cover it, and they asked for a donor witness form? I have asked them to check with their legal department but so far no luck. It's been nearly 3 weeks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

The power of attorney must have the signatures witness by a solicitor or legal executive. The donor and the proposed attorney must each have independent advice. If you have done this, then the power of attorney is not valid. These are essential steps and you are best seeing a lwyer to get this done correctly and witnessed as required by the legislation.