How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22827
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you make a will out with a lawyer in Auckland and you dye

Customer Question

If you make a will out with a lawyer in Auckland and you dye in Tauranga do the executors have to communicate with them . All can they go to there own lawyers.
Also if you give your children money do they have to pay it back to the estate if you die with in a certain time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

The executors can appoint any lawyer they want to wind up the estate. They will need to communicate with the lawyer in Auckland to pick up the will so the lawyer of their choice can obtain probate and administer the estate. Gifts to children do not have to be repaid. There is now no gift duty, and a gift remains the property of the recipient. There is no time limit which affects this

Related New Zealand Law Questions