Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I am planning to buy a flat in Bangalore, India that I

Customer Question

I am planning to buy a flat in Bangalore, India that I haven't seen. I have met this smart owner people, who offer the flat, on the internet and spoke to a representative on phone. Smart Owner- a real estate market place - an organisation for curated properties- that has branch in India, I pay the money to them in stages. The whole agreement money will be initially deposited with an Escrow account and will be taken as the building construction progress. I don't know much about Escrow account. Is it reliable?. Do I have any say on my money once it is transferred to an Escrow account?. Do I get money back if I decided not to progress with the deal?.
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could you also confirm that this Smart owner organisation is a registered and real organisation dealing with properties in Bangalore, India, not just a Fraud organisation??? Their address in India-xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

I am not an expert on Indian law but suggest you would be best to consult with a law firm in Bangalore and get them to check the company and the proposal. Any escrow account will only be as good as the company standing behind it, and questions about them need to be asked by an Indian law firm.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was searching for Escrow bank account in the internet and advertisement from your firm popped out to provide answers to questions I have. I thought you will have some international connections and provide or guide me with answers with some confidence. I am sorry to say I am bit disappointed with the answer.
You answer was nothing other than just commonsense.
Your suggestion to contact an Indian Law firm for my queries is something I already knew. I am disappointed with your inability to answer my queries and now you tell why should I pay you for providing me for the above answer that anyone can give without an effort, if you were in my place what would you do, pay and keep quiet?

The answer to many legal questions is based on common sense, but this is a New Zealand law site and it would be wrong of me to try to answer an Indian law question. At present there is no Indian law expert on the system so I suggest you ask for a refund.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Prepayment to legal openion was subjected to satisfacory answer and I am afraid to say the answers to my questions were not up to my satisfaction, I can understand your inability to give me a satisfactory answer so I would appreciate a refund of the money I paid Thanks for your time