How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22812
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you please help, I have leaky buildings I own this house

Customer Question

Can you please help, I have leaky buildings I own this house this is my only place to live, I have had to find accommodation elsewhere, I am finding it has taken a lot of out of me this is all I think about all day long, I have been on leave from my normal employment for the last 2 days, ( I must admit that my work has not been up to the normal 100% due to the stress I am under) I am scared when I get back to work I wont have a job, or I will be sacked, I am 62 and single, could you please advise me what to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Your employer cannot dismiss you because you are in need of sick leave for the stress. So what you need is to find someone to talk to about the problems and talk through a strategy to deal with the problem. Do you need a referral to a therapist? Or a counsellor? Is the leaky building issue going through a claim process through the Weathertight Homes Tribunal? Do you need some suggestions there? Or is this at the repair stage?

Related New Zealand Law Questions