How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 23072
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiance is remanded convicted I'm custody, he has applied

Customer Question

Hi, my fiance is remanded convicted I'm custody, he has applied for e-bail but was refused, I am a primary witness to the incident, though now that time has passed and I have re-evaluated the incident in my mind over and over again, I don't feel he is at full blame and was aggrovated a great deal. If I wanted to stand and testify on his behalf, under my own choice, how do I do that, also is there anyway I could apply for e-bail for him to be bailed to my home?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

You certainly can give evidence on his behalf and this will be very helpful in helping the judge reach the right sentence. If he has spent some time in custody, this will be taken on account of the sentence as well. You cannot apply yourself for e bail, but you can support a further application by him, by providing an affidavit in support. If he has a lawyer, you could talk to the lawyer and ask about a further application. If he is on legal aid, you could also talk to his legal aid lawyer and ask about a bail application. If some time has passed, the police may have softened the view as to bail, but it does depend on the previous convictions if any, and the seriousness of the assault.