How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22897
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I gave my ex $5000 dollars wedding she now has now canceled

Customer Question

I gave my ex $5000 dollars for our wedding she now has now canceled the wedding and kept the money and won't reply to any messages about getting it back how do I go about getting it back now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

The best way would be in the Disputes Tribunal to claim she was given the money for the purpose of the wedding but has not used it for that purpose, and should therefore return this. You don't need lawyers in the Tribunal and you can apply online

Related New Zealand Law Questions