How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22807
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have separated from my husband due to m cheating on me we

Customer Question

I have separated from my husband due to him cheating on me we do not have children together what do I need to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

You need to divide your property. If you have been together for more than three years your property will need to be divided equally. If you cannot agree on this you will need to instruct your lawyer to help negotiate a settlement or make an application to the family Court. Since there are no children, the only other issue will be when you apply to have the marriage dissolved. That is a fairly simple process because you just need to note the actual day you separated, and count two years from then, and you can then apply to the family Court for the marriage to be dissolved.

Related New Zealand Law Questions