How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22807
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help with an investigation that is proceeding against

Customer Question

I need help with an investigation that is proceeding against my business for breach of the fair trade act - currently I am co operating with the commerce commission fully however, I strongly feel that I need some legal guidance now, as they continue to request more and more information?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

The Commerce Commission has strong powers to require further information in this situation. Cooperation is often very helpful, but there is of course a point where you need to be careful about admissions and statements. You will not be able to prevent them from looking at your documents however. If you have some specific questions about the investigation please ask. We can have a dialogue with questions and answers if you want

Related New Zealand Law Questions