How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22893
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A client asks file to be picked from s old lawyer, I called

Customer Question

a client asks for his file to be picked from his old lawyer, I called the other lawyer and he said something like his fees have to be protected but sent the files anyway, I didn't say anything about what he said about his fees. He couriered the files but with an invoice of 8000.00 what shall I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

If you challenge the fee you can get this reviewed by the Law Society. This can be done through their complaints service which you can find at That site has the contact details so you can raise any issues about the fee and the service. Is that what you need?

Related New Zealand Law Questions