How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22888
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a race car and purchased a race gearbox which I sent

Customer Question

I have a race car and purchased a race gearbox which I sent to gearbox technician company well known in nz I ask to have gearbox checked over to make sure it was ok to race with they fixed a few things charged me $1500 and gave me there word it was perfect for my use I didn't even get half a day use out of it before it blew up now they trying to charge me to fix it just wondering if I have any rights cheers
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
You do have rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act. Under this act goods and services come with an implied term as to the quality of work. Services provided are also covered and this means that if you believe that the work undertaken the first time was inadequate or negligent, which it appears to have been, then you can ask them to repair at their cost and possibly even refund of the original charges. If they decline, you could take this matter to the Disputes Tribunal

Related New Zealand Law Questions