How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22888
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an independent contractor who had a boss who was bullying

Customer Question

I am an independent contractor who had a boss who was bullying / harassing / intimidating me - I have full taped evidence.
I have won at the Human Rights Commission for the Sexual content of the offending - and had a payment - the agreement was settled and then repudiated.
I have won at the Real Estate Agents Authority - and had a decision at tribunal level upheld of disgraceful conduct against this person -
I have also taken a case against this person to the Real Estate Agents Authority regarding "money" issues - the REAA took the case and charged him with misconduct - and a fine resulted.
What I want to find out - it has taken me several years to get this far - with now winning every avenue that I have taken - wish to take the company and the person in civil action -
What is the time frame allowed for me to do so?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Any civil action has a limitation period of six years under the Limitation Act. So any court action must be filed in the court within 6 years of the event giving rise to this.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Do you need more help on the civil proceeding?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You could be the person I require:
Would you knowing the fields that I have already won in be willing to act for me on the no win / no fee .. ?
I do think that civil is quite different action than the REAA. Forum - it was really difficult to be heard there - and as a result I changed REAA law.
I want to be able to take the company as well as the person - manager & business partner as they I believe are both cupable for the events that happened - if u r willing to act for a fee on a win basis - then yes we have a match!
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately I am not alowed to take clients from this site-its in the rules I am afraid. You would need to consider what you are suing for. If you have already established some breaches of REAA rules and of human rights issues, I am not sure what you have left-possibly breaches of contracts?

Related New Zealand Law Questions