How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14948
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked NZFS in the late 60s most of the 70s we used

Customer Question

i worked for the NZFS in the late 60s most of the 70s we used 245t and 1080 mixed with deisel i ended up getting sick (parkinsons disease) i was asked by the neurolagist if i had been in contact with any srays is their anything i can do legally
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
If you were in New Zealand you may have qualified for Accident Compensation benefits. You would however need to prove that the Parkinsons was actually caused by the use of the chemicals, which may not be easy. Because you are now overseas it would be difficult to make a claim however