How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14710
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been given information that my partners ex has

Customer Question

Hello I have been given information that my partners ex has tried to access medical information about me, along with impersonating my father to do so which I have absolutely nothing to do with for many years. My father's name is ***** ***** this silly man
used his own name ***** ***** along with his work mobile phone number and left a message to be contacted about my care . I have been thru a detox center and he wanted to use this information in a custody battle between himself and my new partner he disclosed
this in a meeting with his own lawyer and the child lawyer. he is also in contact with my ex partner another disclosure from him he has so much personal information about me. He is trying to destroy my integrity. We are also worried that he is tracking or
phones as they play up and use a lot of battery at certain times. I have spoken to police and they say there could be a charge for using a phone for fictitious purposes but want a full history to the story emailed to them by wendesday as they say I do not
have enough evidence with a auckland district health board headline and all the information contained under it with the name and phone number to contact
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has been retrieving information about me since the 18th of December 2014. He wrote this post on Google + for all to see stating he is investigating me and can't wait for me to lose my cool. Again this was screenshot . I feel so intergated don't know who to trust and ashamed of the thought of who else knows my personal business
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
There is a new act which will help you called the Harmful Digital Communications Act 2015This makes it unlawful to use social media for this sort of attack, and you should tell the police they need to investigate under this act.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Proceedings may be brought in District Court11Who may bring proceedings(1)Any of the following may apply to a District Court for an order under section 18 or 19:(a)an individual (the affected individual) who alleges that he or she has suffered or will suffer harm as a result of a digital communication:(b)a parent or guardian on behalf of the affected individual:(c)the professional leader of a registered school or his or her delegate, if the affected individual is a student of that school and consents to the professional leader or delegate bringing the proceedings:(d)the Police, if the digital communication constitutes a threat to the safety of an individual.(2)The chief coroner may apply for an order under section 18 or 19(1)(a) or (b) or (2)(a) in respect of a digital communication that contravenes a provision of the Coroners Act 2006.

Related New Zealand Law Questions