Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I only had a handshake when transfered my house, contents for

Customer Question

I only had a handshake when transfered my house, contents for his one in Chile. Now he wont sell house in C hile what shouldd I do
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Under New Zealand law contracts for the sale of land must be in writing. I cannot advise on Chilean law however. Was it your house in New Zealand which you transferred? Has the title been put in his name? Was this an agreement made in New Zealand?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
made in new zealand house transferred through lawyer his house in chile has not been put in my name perhaps I had better ask a NZ lawyer thankyou for your help
I am a NZ lawyer, but needed to know this. You should have asked the lawyer to record the agreement so you can enforce this.
Was there any email or letter or texts which refer to the agreement? To enforce this you may need to sue him here on the misrepresentation, and possibly sue in Chile to enforce this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
now why am i being billed even before we get serious
You dont need to have a phone call if you dont but it is an extra cost. You can keep asking questions here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorrry chris but not a suitable time have visitors - get back to you tomorrow ut interested in billing when site says free trail.
This question and answer you have paid for and we can certainly continue later, until you have what you need. The phone call is extra to this however