New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

New Zealand Law

Again sorry bother. . Do builders have to

Customer Question
Hello again sorry for the...
Hello again sorry for the bother. . Do builders have to carry and produce the building licenses when asked for them? Also can a apprentice be left alone on site unsupervised ? I asked the apprentice to show me his information and told me he didn't have
on him. I asked him to leave the property and he wouldn't.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
7/15/2015
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Chris The Lawyer
The Building Act says89 Duty to produce evidence of being licensedA licensed building practitioner must, if asked by any person, produce for inspection by the person either—(a)the evidence of being licensed sent to the licensed building practitioner undersection 288(1)(b); or(b)a copy of that evidence.
However the apprentice is unlikely to be licensed until he completes his apprenticeship and therefore could not show you the information. But his supervisor should provide the evidence that he is licensed
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer