How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22983
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are an independent property management company managing

Customer Question

We are an independent property management company managing residential properties. One of our clients has asked us to manage their commercial property, do we need any special licenses to do this? Do we need a real estate licenses?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Commercial property is treated the same as residential property, which means you do not need any special license and you do not need a real estate license. the Real Estate Agents Act says certain real estate work must be licenced and defines this as ---real estate agency work or agency work—(a)means any work done or services provided, in trade, on behalf of another person for the purpose of bringing about a transaction; and