How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14709
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mother passed away and left me the estate on her will. what

Customer Question

mother passed away and left me the estate on her will. what do I do to change ownership of estate house to my name?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
You will need to see a lawyer and get provbate of the will, and then use this to transfer the house title to you. A simple estate like this should not be fdifficult and you can ask the lawyer how much they will charge. Getting probate is a legally complicated set of forms and you will need a lawyer for this. Its not something I recommend you do yourself. I can suggest lawyers if you dont have one though.

Related New Zealand Law Questions