How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22981
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My six siblings and I are sole owners of a Maori freehold section

Customer Question

My six siblings and I are sole owners of a Maori freehold section in Plimmerton and wish to sell it.
Are you able to let me know what the process is, or the contact details of legal representation in Hamilton who will be able to help me?
Many thanks, *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
The first step is to approach the Maori land Court to approve any sale. If you are selling to a member of your family, then this is likely to be relatively easy. However selling outside of your iwi or whanau is not always as easy. The process is not hard-see this site where the forms can be located in Hamilton who could handle this are at Name:McCaw LewisPostal Address:PO Box 9348Waikato Mail CentreHamilton3240New ZealandTel:07(###) ###-####ax:07(###) ###-####eb: