How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22892
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We own a property in Te Aroha township and our rear neighbours

Customer Question

We own a property in Te Aroha township and our rear neighbours section comes to a point at our boundary. We would like to buy the piece that is behind our section. It is less than a tenth the size of our current section size, and has access only from her section and our section.
Regards ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
You will need to instruct a surveyor to undertake the survey which is necessary to rearrange the plan and the title. They will help you with the council requirements, which will include a lot of fees for consent. Where there is a boundary adjustment like this it should not have subdivision requirements, but councils sometimes have different requirements. Once the survey is completed then this has to be registered with Landonline, and you will need your lawyer to register the necessary transfer documents.

Related New Zealand Law Questions