New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

New Zealand Law

My contract has been terminated from the 29 of june and ends

Customer Question
on the 29 of august...
my contract has been terminated from the 29 of june and ends on the 29 of august self employed for new zealand couriers. my run has been going for 7 months ive been on acc since my motorbike accident and now i have no job to go back to once im 100 percent ok.
are they able to terminate my contract and end my job just like that what actions should i take?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
7/8/2015
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Chris The Lawyer
If you are self employed you don't have the same rights as an employee. So they can cancel your contract if you cannot perform. It's a tough situation for you but that is why they use contractors, as it is much easier to fire them.
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer