How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22966
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mum and dad had been living in the HNZ whanau home

Customer Question

Hello, my mum and dad had been living in the HNZ whanau home for 55years. My Dad passed away several years now and my mum has now passed away also. Our whanau goal would like to keep the house so we are seeking to buy it.This will be our third attempt to do so in 2 years.Please can someone help us reach our goal?????
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
You should instruct a local property lawyer to help negotiate with the Housing Corporation. You need to make an offer to buy at the market value, and have mortgage finance ready to complete the purchase. You don't have any right to buy the house unfortunately, and this may be a problem. I have assumed this was a house they rented.