How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22977
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Due a dodgy accountant who has failed to file returns

Customer Question

Due a dodgy accountant who has failed to file returns for us and then we he did they were all false
The IRD have audtited us for the last 5 years and we now in excess of $100.000 we have no way of paying it off... Could and IRD loan be put against our house which is worth $1.500.000
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
You should discuss this with them, and they may agree to a charge being placed on your house, while you make arrangements to either pay this by instalments, or borrow to pay it off. You could also sue the accountant, if he is worth suing, for his negligence