New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I have been given a trade-in price car and now the

Customer Question
Hi, I have been given...
Hi, I have been given a trade-in price for my car and now the company concerned has said they made a mistake and offered me $5000 less than first stated. Can they legally do this??
Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
6/29/2015
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Chris The Lawyer
This will depend on whether you have a binding contract for the purchase of the new car with the trade in and all other details. If that is the case you may be able to enforce the sale price. If you are still negotiating then, the deal may fall apart and not be completed.
Sometimes contractual mistakes may be corrected however, by an application to court. So it will depend on the state of negotiations and what steps they take.